When writing your resume, it is good to look at Medical Assistant Resume Examples to use as a reference. You want to make sure that your resume stands out, does not have grammatical errors or misspellings and flows well. It’s good to have several family members and friends proof read your resume before you send it out. They may notice something that you overlooked. If you need further help with writing your resume, a great resource is Knock ’em Dead Resumes: Standout Advice from America’s Leading Job Search Authority (Resumes That Knock ’em Dead). The book shows more excellent resume examples that you can use when writing yours.
One thing to keep in mind when writing a Medical Assistant Resume, is that it’s slightly different than a regular resume. For the medical field, oftentimes a functional resume showing what skills you have and what you can do is more beneficial than a standard list of jobs. Healthcare employers want to know what you can do for them. You still need to list your previous employment but your skills should be the focal part of the resume. Listed below is a Medical Assistant Resume Example.
Medical Assistant Resume Examples | Example ResumeJohn Waters 765 Main Street Seattle, WA 98106 987-555-2134 john.watersMA@gmail.com
Objective: Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant where I can utilize my previous work experience as well as my education give excellent healthcare to children and families.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hardworking and dedicated Medical Assistant with experience in the field
- Flexible, Determined and Personable with the patients
- Able to work under pressure and deal with high traffic environments
- Enjoy working with people and sensitive to patients needs
- CPR Certified HIPAA Certificate Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology Instrument Sterilization Phlebotomy
- Vital signs Taking EKGS ICD 9 and CPT codes
- Patient care Injections Urinalysis
- Medisoft Pharmology HCT/HGB
- Minor surgery WBC/RBC Microsoft Word
- Keyboard (40WPM) Excel, Power point Customer Service
- Telephone Reception Oral/ Written Communication HIV Prevention Certificate
- X-ray Developing Lazer Treatments Filing Charts
- Setting up nails trays Autoclaving Wrapping Instruments
- Surgical Tray Set-Up
May 2006-September 2011
Seattle Dermatology Downtown Office
- Responsible for restocking rooms, providing biopsy care, writing physician referel letters, removing moles and sutures.
- Handled patients calls on a multi line phone system and took patient intakes including vitals and medical history.
- Prepared the botox and collagen chemicals for use
- Billed Medical Insurances and helped schedule appointments for patients
March 2003-September 2005
Dr. Noel Beet
- Responsible for the front office, taking care of patient billing, doing patient intakes and vitals, scheduling appointments and answering the phones
- Assisted the doctor during surgeries and during vasectomy and reversals.
April 2001- March 2002
Downtown Seattle Medical Clinic
- Handled patient intake, took medical histories and vital signs, conducted EKG’s, took blood draws and administered pregnany tests
- Answered the phone lines, updated medical records, scheduled appointments for patients and billed insurance companies
Medical Assistant Certification from Westbrook Community College, graduated March 2001
References are available upon request